[Lazarus] FPReport file names

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 13 22:18:06 CEST 2017

On 13.09.2017 20:19, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:
> On 2017-09-13 10:30, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:
>> When using CamelCase properly, you don't need _ or . at all.
>
> That would be my preference too. I love CamelCase - though personally I
> lowercase my unit names (files), but CamelCase the "unit xxx" line
> inside the unit.

Me, too :)

> Now the next question - how well does FPC (compiler and all utilities
> included with FPC) handle camel case units on case sensitive file systems?

The compiler always searches units in this order:
- as written in uses clause
- all lowercase
- all uppercase
(and this whole block for extensions .pp, .pas and .p)

This way on a case insensitive or case preserving (e.g. FAT, NTFS) file
system the correct one is found on the first try and on case sensitive
ones at least the way Lazarus by default stores units (lowercase files,
unitname as-is) on the second try.

Regards,
Sven