[Lazarus] Converting all code to use UnicodeString

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 12:05:02 CEST 2017

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 10:52 PM, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus
> So we can say that Lazarus code do not use XPath to work with XML, right?

No I cannot say much about the issue. I didn't try it myself.
I understood Mattias and Michael V.C. have plans to migrate the XML
units to FCL sources. Maybe they can elaborate.

> I don't use it. (Windows codepages)

Ok, then I misunderstood.  :)

About the string constant concatenation, just use variables when it is proper:
const
  V1: string = 'a';
var
  S1: String;
... later in code ...
  S1 := V1 + 'b';

String literals can be assigned without problems as long as your
variables are "String".
The big table in the wiki page is intimidating, in reality the issue
is not so complex.

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 7:29 PM, zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net> wrote:
> POS receipt printers :)

Ok maybe. I don't have one, difficult to say.

Juha