[Lazarus] Changes to bugreport #33331 completely changes long standing behaviour

Werner Pamler werner.pamler at freenet.de
Wed Apr 4 10:09:44 CEST 2018

Am 04.04.2018 um 09:32 schrieb Torsten Bonde Christiansen via Lazarus:
> OnI can understand the need for being Delphi compatible, but I'm not a
> fan of changing a behaviour (which IMHO is not a bug) like this which
> can potentially affect a lot of places in user code.

Sometimes when Delphi has a bug it makes sense to give up Delphi
compatibility. But here the Delphi behavior is very logical, the old
Lazarus behavior simply does not make any sense. It is necessary to know
the new node in order to be able decide whether the node change should
be performed.

I doubt whether a "lot of places" is affected in your code - it is only
the OnChanging event handler where you must replace "Node" by
"TreeView.Selected". Of course, it depends on the number of treeviews
involved, but I doubt also that every treeview has an OnChanging
handler. So, please be realistic.