[Lazarus] E,bedding a terminal window in Lazarus

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 23:15:39 CEST 2018

Okay, well I got some stuff done. I'm able to create a fully working
terminal application using fpc, but when I try to incorporate it into a
TWinControl there are some problems:

https://cache.getlazarus.org/videos/vte-control.mp4

Notably, I believe the LCL gtk2 widgetset makes some core assumptions about
the internal memory layout of any PGtkWidget that do not apply to a
PVteTerminal. This is causing access violations when it interacts with the
LCL as the LCL tries to access structures and that do not exists.

Here is the code for the TTerminal control (designed to work only on gtk2).
Maybe someone could recommend a fix?

https://pastebin.com/y8wFvKsg

A code archive for both projects here:

http://cache.getlazarus.org/archives/simterm.7z