[Lazarus] Terminal Component Available

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 05:12:52 CEST 2018

I'm am starting a new thread because I've completed my task.

Here is a terminal component for Lazarus that is easy to reuse.

https://cache.getlazarus.org/archives/terminal.7z

To install, make sure you're on Linux with a Gtk2 copy of Lazarus. Open
package terminaldsgn.lpk, install, and rebuild the IDE. You'll have a
TTerminal component on your pallet. Drop it on a form, press run, and you
have your own terminal program.

Here is a longish video walk through of how it works:

https://cache.getlazarus.org/videos/vte-finished.mp4

The source code is completely free, copy left, if anyone wants to reuse it.

Notes, you need to be using Linux and have libvte for gtk2 installed to use
the component. You can be running other platforms, but you'll just see the
design time surface it you're not on Linux.