[Lazarus] Canvas cannot draw properly if has an alpha channel?

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Wed Apr 25 12:34:54 CEST 2018

On 25.04.2018 12:24, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus wrote:
> On 25.04.2018 12:18, Anthony Walter wrote:
>> For years I have my own solution that works
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5MPv_GOzRk>, but I am interested in
>> LCL TCanvas someday working correctly without 3rd party add ins.
>
> Unfortunately, I have experienced the same issues.

But if you don't want to use 3rd party add ins, use the FCL directly. It
supports transparency, smooth resize etc etc. Actually it supports more
than you would think at the first glance :)

The LCL graphic classes/methods are very OS-specific. The FCL graphic
classes/methods are OS-independent.

I'd love to have full transparency support in LCL TBitmap/TCanvas as
well but it all depends on the underlying OS. If you can fix it (at
least for some OS/WS), feel free to post a patch.

Ondrej