[Lazarus] Failed to wait for debug event. Errcode: 4

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Dec 6 02:18:07 CET 2018

On 02/12/2018 22:01, Vojtěch Čihák via lazarus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sometimes, after I close my project, I got this message dialog:
> "Failed to wait for debug event. Errcode: 4".
>
> I can see this in console:
>
> Hint: (lazarus) [TMainIDE.DoRunProject] INIT Note: (lazarus)
> [TMainIDE.DoBuildProject]
> MainBuildBoss.DoCheckIfProjectNeedsCompilation nothing to be done
> Hint: (lazarus) [TMainIDE.DoRunProject] Debugger=TFpDebugDebugger
> Hint: (lazarus) [TMainIDE.DoRunProject] END Got PID: 28074, TID: -1
> Failed to read data. Errcode: 3 Unable to reset breakpoint at
> $0000000000437200 (Address 0 out of 1) Failed to continue process.
> Errcode: 3 Failed to continue process. Errcode: 3
>
> (this output is always, dialog message is sometimes)
>
> I use Lazarus 2.1.0 r59715 FPC 3.3.1 x86_64-linux-qt and FpDebug.

I seen that on Windows too. At least the console part.

If you change project, the IDE probably resets your debugger. If you
enable "reset dbg automatically after each run" then you see it as soon
as the project stops.
FpDebug still tries to clear breakpoints, even though the process is no
longer running, hence the handle to the process is invalid.

Not sure about the "Failed to wait for debug event"...