[Lazarus] Crowdfunding to speed up the development of pas2js in Lazarus Widgetset and fpDebug to FPC

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Dec 20 09:33:16 CET 2018

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, Maciej Izak via lazarus wrote:

> śr., 19 gru 2018 o 16:58 Edivando via lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>
> napisał(a):
>
>> I will get support from solid projects like Mormort to help with these
>> efforts and NewPascal to help with this restructuring.
>>

> Hello Edivando,
>
> I am the maintainer of NewPascal and the only what I have to say in this
> topic is:
>
> probably with the current and real owner of FPC foundation (Michael Van
> Canneyt) cooperation between NewPascal and FPC/FPC foundation is rather not
> possible (even if I would like to), because Michael personally decide to
> eliminate me from FPC development (AFAIK Michael is also administrator and
> owner of all FPC infrastructure).
>
> There is lack of any "code of conduct", current FPC should be considered as
> "uncivilized" project where any of developer/contributor can be eliminated
> via personal taste of admin in one second.
>
> As far as I understand even if "code of conduct" will be someday created my
> person/case is outside any "amnesty" because my case is considered as
> "lesson of maintaining of the project".

This is a blatant lie and - to use the popular vernacular - fake news.

You are/were perfectly welcome to come back after a cooling down period.
You yourself decided to completely break with FPC, the public mails you sent
are testimony to that.

The kind of mail you are sending now is what got you expelled in the first
place.

If you keep sending this kind of mails, the chances of getting back on board
of course become infinitesimally small.

I understand you have hard feelings, feel free to vent them to me
personally, but this kind of public mails is really uncalled for:
it spoils the atmosphere for everyone and damages the projects.

Michael.