[Lazarus] Windows 10 execution problem for my application...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 20:50:13 CET 2018

On Sat, 20 Jan 2018 00:57:36 +0100, Bo Berglund via Lazarus

>I am having problems with Windows10 Pro x64 regarding running my
>programs from Windows Explorer.
>What happens is this:
>- I have created a new virtual computer with Windows 10 Pro x64
>- Installed Subversion and checked out a project including sources and
>the 32 bit binary
>- Went to the binary folder and doubleclicked the executable
>
>Now Win10 responds by showing a message:
>"This app can't run on your PC"
>No extra information as to why it happens except to contact the
>publisher for a solution. But it so happens that I am the publisher...

UPDATE:
This has nothing to do with Win10 as it also appears when I check out
the project from Svn on a Win7 machine.
It turns out the Svn has applied the wrong "mime type" to the
executable (on commit?) so it is corrupted on checkout probably by
expansion of line endings...
The application Icon does not show up either..

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden