[Lazarus] Form events firing order and count

Sun Feb 18 00:52:49 CET 2018

On 2018-02-17 16:59, Gabor Boros via Lazarus wrote:
> Is that nightmare exists with LCL-fpGUI also?

I can't speak much for LCL-fpGUI, but in "pure fpGUI" I spent probably a
year of testing and development making sure the same events fire in the
same order under all fpGUI supported platforms. I remember implementing
numerous tests one after the other for every widget in the toolkit. So
to answer your question.... I'm hoping that effort translates well to
LCL-fpGUI too.

For pure fpGUI it took a lot of effort to get there, but the end result
was well worth the effort. Resulting in very consistent behaviour across
all platforms. What a developer would expect from a GUI toolkit.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/