[Lazarus] Compilation aborted!

Donald Ziesig donald at ziesig.org
Sun Feb 18 04:08:17 CET 2018

Hi Everyone:

I am writing a package that currently has one unit file which, in turn,
has two inter-related classes.

Until just now, the package compiled (some empty methods) with only
expected info and warnings.  I just did some minor editing (added 6
contiguous lines) and now I get "FATAL Compilation aborted".  I
commented out the newly entered code, but the compilation aborts.  I
removed the newly entered code but it still aborts.

I ran the IDE from a terminal and it suggested that I look at the State
file (.compiled).  I did, but it has nothing of interest.

Can anyone suggest what to do next to isolate the problem?

Thanks,

Don Ziesig