[Lazarus] ghost selector in form editor

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Sun Feb 18 10:24:45 CET 2018

El 18/02/18 a les 01:17, Juha Manninen via Lazarus ha escrit:
> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 10:10 AM, Luca Olivetti via Lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>> I've been seeing this from time immemorial, probably since 0.something, both
>> under windows and linux/gtk/qt (though under linux is much more frequent):
>
> There is an oldish report:
>   https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=23741
> but I don't remember seeing this problem although I have used many
> Linux distributions and few Windows versions, too.
> What can make the difference?
> Does it happen only with particular forms or with any form?

I don't know. I'm currently using kubuntu 17.10 and a windows 7 virtual
machine, but I've seen it with windows xp and my previous linux
distributions (older versions of kubuntu, mageia, mandriva).
In any case, I'm not sure the cause it's the same both on windows and
linux: in linux it's enough to drop a label on a form, and when I move
it the position of the ghost selector diverges from the real one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZteRShCdkDA

under windows I need a more complex form and the ghost selector moves in
sync with the real one.
Notice also how the ghost selector of the string grid is just one point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY92B46URZ8

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007