[Lazarus] Run parameters and Launching application bug?

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Tue Jan 2 14:11:43 CET 2018

I seldom use launching applications from a terminal window, so I
happened to notice only recently what appears to me to be a regression
from older Lazarus versions.

In the Run Parameters window, selecting "Use launching application"
currently disables "Command line parameters" (Lazarus 1.6, 1.8 and trunk)

This appears rather inconsistent with the fact that a $(TargetCmdLine)
macro in the launching application parameters properly picks up the
content of the disabled "Command line parameters".

If you are using a launching application and need to change the command
line parameters you're forced to deselect "Use launching application",
edit your command line parameters, and then re-enable "Use launching
application".

Is there any rationale behind this rather odd behaviour, introduced
somewhere after Lazarus 1.4.4?

Giuliano