[Lazarus] How to find stream contents for component?

Donald Ziesig donald at ziesig.org
Sun Jan 21 21:56:15 CET 2018

Hi All!

I am developing a component and made the mistake of not re-installing it
often enough :'(. I after considerable editing, I re-installed it and
when Lazarus re-started I got errors about an AV at "stream position 2486".

Is there any way to inspect the contents of stream position 2486 so I
can get a hint as to what is wrong?

I tried examining the lfm file with "od -A d -c" which gives me the
character count, but the text at that point has nothing to do with the
component I am working on.  I suspect that this is not the right "stream".

Thanks,

Don Ziesig