[Lazarus] Debugging Lazarus using Lazarus

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Jul 7 13:09:39 CEST 2018

On 07/07/18 10:45, Martin Frb via Lazarus wrote:
> On 07/07/2018 11:46, Mark Morgan Lloyd via Lazarus wrote:> When multiple
> copies of the same version (e.g. trunk) Lazarus are > being run, with a
> view to stepping through a problem in IDE-related > code, is there any
> way to force an override so that all windows > associated with the
> "inner" copy are marked distinctively with e.g. an > implausible
> background colour, a thin diagonal line overlaying the > content, or at
> the very least an instance identifier in every caption?>In menu Run >
> Run Parameter, specify --primary-config-path=/somefolder
> - Then on first run, go into options > editor > colors, and change
> whatever color you like. (e.g. background or gutter). well ok that is
> only the editor windows. It will not affect breakpoints, etc....- The
> main IDE bar has/has not the word "debugging" in it.- You can also have
> a different projects open. As the last open project will be re-open, and
> that is stored in primary conf. With that, the debugged IDE will not
> open the stack and watches window (unless you want it to).

I've got /two/ main editor bars with "debugging" in them, two windws
called "Source Editor (2)" and so on :-)

I'd have thought that a comparatively easy way round this would have
been a global option to put the main-process PID on all form/dialogue
captions. That would have result in a useful distinction even when
multiple instances were using the same configuration files.

But I'm not volunteering to do it this weekend ;-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk