[Lazarus] IDE option: Convert selection to string ?

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 14:36:02 CEST 2018

How about something that takes the current caret position in the source
editor, the clipboard context, and inserts as a Pascal quoted string that
wraps with + at the end of line, and appropriate system defined line break
characters?

The command for this would be in the menu as "Edit -> Paste as String", and
reassignable through custom keyboard bindings.

This would be easy enough to add, but for me unfortunately I've been busy
with moving and renovating my house. When I'm done if no one else has added
it, I might write it as an add on package.