[Lazarus] fpdebug question

Vojtěch Čihák vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz
Fri Jul 13 16:01:51 CEST 2018

Hi,
when I write following code (to force SIGSEGV)

unit Unit1;
{$mode objfpc}{$H+}

interface

uses
  Classes, SysUtils, Forms, Controls, Graphics, Dialogs, StdCtrls;

type
  { TForm1 }
  TForm1 = class(TForm)
    Button1: TButton;
  private

  public

  end;

var
  Form1: TForm1;

implementation

{$R *.lfm}

{ TForm1 }

var a: array of Double;
begin
  a[99]:=3.14;
end;

end.

with GDB: I got exception message box, then I got grayed line in Source Editor etc.

with fpdebug: also exception message box, when I click OK then Lazarus Main window dissapears, Access Violation, and I have to restart whole IDE.

Is it known issue? After all fpdebug is still marked "beta".

PS: Good thing about fpdebug is lower memory footprint.
  fpdebug: process lazarus 137MB
  gdb: process lazarus and gdb 86MB + 184MB = 270MB

Thanks, Vojtěch