[Lazarus] Indy vs Synopse: POP3

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 14:10:27 CEST 2018

On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 09:27:17 -0300, "Marcos Douglas B. Santos via
Lazarus" <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>I haven't use Indy for years, but I've installed the version 10 in Lazarus
>1.9 (trunk) using FPC 3.1.1.

How did you install it?
Did you use the Package/OnLinePackageManager to get it thus ensuring
the most recent and working version of Indy?

Regarding GMail, I have used Indy10 to read mail on Gmail via Pop3,
but you need to use the encrypted connection just like if you would
connect to GMail from for example Thunderbird.
The SSL handlers are available as open source and integrated with
Indy. Works fine.

As Graeme has already suggested you should use the Indy specific forum
for questions regarding Indy in Delphi and FPC environments:

https://www.atozed.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden