[Lazarus] Shell Controls Package Released

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 00:21:28 CEST 2018

I am happy to release to you the sources to my shell controls package. This
package provides a set of Pascal controls and functions related to
replicating different parts of Microsoft Windows Explorer program in your
own native Pascal applications.

Overview video here:

https://cache.getlazarus.org/videos/shlctrls.mp4

Manual is online here:

https://www.codebot.org/shell

Key controls include a Vista style breadcrumb bar with drop down menus for
navigating through folder and files. It also includes fairly complete shell
view and shell tree view controls which might be more feature filled than
whatever comes with Lazarus. I'm not sure because I haven't used them (the
Lazarus versions).

Source code is released under the GPL 3.0 license and can be downloaded
from this this location:

https://cache.getlazarus.org/archives/shlctrls.zip

Please note: This package was originally created in Delphi, and as it is
currently it will not build in Lazarus due to differences between the LCL
and the VCL. If anyone cares to, you have my full blessing to convert it to
work with the LCL, but please understand it will only ever work on Windows.