[Lazarus] can't connect to Mysql database using TMysql57connection

larrydalton71 larrydalton71 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 05:07:16 CEST 2018

Thanks for the help, both of you. After I corrected the mysql installation, it worked. To hook up the Mysql57connection, enter 127.0 0.1 as the hostname to access the UNIX socket.

On Tue, 5 Jun 2018, Larry Dalton via Lazarus wrote:

> running mysql in terminal gets ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user
> 'larry'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
>
> running mysql -u root Ricky2013 -D bankofamerica get ERROR 1698 (28000):
> Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'
>
> apparently it is using a different password? or case?

Could very well be. MySQL is case sensitive where you don't expect it, and
case insensitive where you don't expect it either... :)

My conclusion - after all this - is that this is not a FPC error, but a
configuration problem on your machine. How to debug this is described on:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/problems-connecting.html

What I can do from the FPC side is to attempt to get a more
informative/detailed connection error code from the MYSQL server.

Michael.