[Lazarus] Can Lazarus 1.8 import Delphi XE5 project from dproj file?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 10:31:01 CEST 2018

I am checking if it is possible to convert a few projects from Delphi
XE5 to FPC/Lazarus.

The first such project (the simplest of the set) uses just standard
Delphi functions and is designed for Win32 only, It is defined in a
dproj file so now I wonder if Lazarus is able to import a D-XE5
project using the dproj file, or do I have to create a new blank
Lazarus project and manually copy over the file list into the Lazarus
project file? If so what is the proper project settings for such?

Apart from standard Delphi stuff there are a few simple components we
have used, for example to implement logging functions. But then there
is also a software protection dongle component which uses calls to a
dongle driver. We have written the component code ourselves but it
uses an obj file from the dongle maker to implement the driver calls.
Can such an obj file be integrated into a Win32 Lazarus/Fpc project?

And how can I tell Lazarus not to try to build a 64 bit program?
I installed Lazarus/FPC from a downloaded installer instead of
building from sources as I always do on Linux.
Turns out that what is built are 64 bit programs. Is there a way to
tell it to build 32 bit instead? I have never before cross-compiled
anything using FPC if this is what is needed...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden