[Lazarus] Converting a component package Delphi->Lazarus using built-in converter?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 18:18:21 CEST 2018

On Sat, 9 Jun 2018 17:50:43 +0200, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus

>TCustomListView.CustomSort exists in LCL as well.
>Check the declaration of SortByStringProc:
>
>function SortByStringProc(Item1, Item2: TListItem;
>AOptionalParam: PtrInt): Integer; stdcall;

But why does it then not find it?

I found a bugtracker entry here:

And it says it was solved by Zeljan Rikalo on 2017-10-17

Is it not (yet) part of the Lazarus/FPC release?
I am using Lazarus 1.8.4 bundled with FPC 3.0.4 (svn rev 57972) (win32
version) on Windows7 X64

Now I have found a problem in another unit too, in this case it cannot
find the StartsText function in StrUtils. Is this another slight
incompatibility between Delphi and Lazarus?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden