[Lazarus] Using a component OBJ file in Lazarus?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 15:11:14 CEST 2018

On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 14:59:11 +0200, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus

>Find out the format of your obj file and then find a converter to COFF
>format, which fpc require. Maybe objconv can be used for that. I never
>tried.

Meanwhile I found an old post in the lazarus forum:
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=30324.0

It directed me to objconv, so I have tried to use it but even though
it brings me somewhat further I have banged my head aginst this now:

Compile package customcmpfpc 0.0: Success
Build IDE: Exit code 2, Errors: 23
lazarus.pp(161,1) Error: Undefined symbol:
SPROMEPS_$$_RNBOSPROFORMATPACKET$RB_SPRO_APIPACKET_PTR$WORD$$WORD
lazarus.pp(161,1) Error: Undefined symbol:
SPROMEPS_$$_RNBOSPROQUERY$RB_SPRO_APIPACKET_PTR$WORD$POINTER$POINTER$POINTER$WORD$$WORD
lazarus.pp(161,1) Error: Undefined symbol: GetVersion
lazarus.pp(161,1) Error: Undefined symbol: CreateFileA

I will have to systemize my tests later tonight and try every possible
permutation of objconv arguments....

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden