[Lazarus] Converting a component package Delphi->Lazarus using built-in converter?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 07:59:59 CEST 2018

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:13:21 +0200, Michael Schnell via Lazarus

>On 08.06.2018 19:05, Bo Berglund via Lazarus wrote:
>> This Delphi package is a collection of some 20 components and all of
>> them have Register procedures inside of each source file.
>
>Are those really IDE-relevant packages (showing up in the visual
>component selection ) ?

No, not all of them. Some are just implemented as components for
ease-of-use a very long time ago. They can then be dropped on a form
and by magic the necessary settings to use them are added by the IDE.
But they can be used by adding the specific uses clauses and search
paths manually and created in code instead of having the IDE do it.

>If not, they might be just Delphi "Runtime Packages" (a special kind of
>DLLs that can be attached by Delphi executables).

No runtimes, we always build everything into our exe files.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden