[Lazarus] 64 bit Cocoa package (Mac)

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Sun Jun 24 06:49:26 CEST 2018

I’ve been tasked to make a Lazarus package but I’m stuck in a loop trying to install it. Please note this is my first time using Lazarus.

I’m able to create and compile the package but when I try to install (“save and rebuild IDE") it I’m stuck in a loop:

1) by setting the Tools > Options compiler path to ppc386 I can rebuild but I get symbol not found error because the framework I’m linking is 64 bit only.
1) If I set the compiler to ppcx64 I get the "Identifier not found “ATSUFindFontFromName”” error and never get to the building of the actual package.

How can I get out of this loop? Apparently lazarus needs to compile the package and link everything but the IDE also demands I only build with the i386 compiler.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph