[Lazarus] TFPRreport vs TFPJSONReport
patspiper at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 12:09:39 CET 2018
TFPRreport and TFPJSONReport need some clarifications. Maybe MVC can
confirm/correct the below:
- Report design can be setup by code *only*.
- TFPReportData components must be linked to TFRReport by code
- Can invoke the IDE integrated editor to design reports and open/save
them from/to file. But they are useless to TFPRreport.
- Report design can be setup by code.
- Can load/save report designs from/to file/stream/json (discarding
design data if any).
- TFPReportData components have to be linked to TFPJSONReport by code
(sample code is needed when the report is loaded from file)
- Can invoke the IDE integrated editor to design reports that are
loaded/saved from/to the lfm only.
- The IDE integrated editor cannot open a report designed by the
standalone designer, or save a file to be used by the standalone
designer. Note: Actually it can currently open a file, but possibly with
nasty side effects.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Lazarus