[Lazarus] How to catch an unhandled exception?

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Fri Mar 9 10:56:48 CET 2018

Il 09/03/2018 10:14, Gabor Boros via Lazarus ha scritto:

> Any idea how to detect what/where is the source of the exception?
>
> I use Linux 64bit, FPC 3.0.4 and Lazarus fixes_1_8.

To obtain meaningful information from gdb I do the following:
1) Compile both Lazarus LCL and fpc with debug info
2) Install the glibc-debuginfo packages
Otherwise you get only the information about exceptions which generate
directly from your source code, which is many cases isn't sufficient.

Hope that it helps,

Giuliano