[Lazarus] Sending e-mail from within Lazarus

Brian b_lists at patandbrian.org
Thu May 10 15:31:51 CEST 2018

Does anybody have a working example of sending e-mail from a Lazarus
program through their ISP's mail server (which requires SSL/TLS) that
they'd be willing to share with me? I've been trying to follow
Michael's writeup for using Synapse,  I'm getting a timeout error from
deep within the Synapse code, and I don't know whether it's something
that I've screwed up or some kind of incompatibility with the mail
server - my ISP, of course, will only tell me to use Outlook or
similar. :( If I try to step through with the debugger, I get a socket
error of 110. The version of Synapse I'm using is (I think) 40.1, at
least it's the version downloaded via the online package manager.

I'm using Lazarus 1.8.2 and FPC 3.0.4 as downloaded from SourceForge.

Thanks.