[Lazarus] Sending e-mail from within Lazarus

hdv@gmail hdv.jadev at gmail.com
Thu May 10 16:01:32 CEST 2018

On 2018-05-10 15:42, Carlos E. R. via Lazarus wrote:
> On 2018-05-10 15:31, Brian via Lazarus wrote:
>> Does anybody have a working example of sending e-mail from a Lazarus
>> program through their ISP's mail server (which requires SSL/TLS) that
>> they'd be willing to share with me?
>
> I intend to code this soon, but I will simply call "mailx", an external
> program to do it. The classic method was to call the sendmail binary.
>
> I use Linux, you did not say what you use.

In addition to Carlos' suggestion, and if you use Windows, you could use Blat
[1] or even Powershell [2] to do this. It will not be "native", but it works.

I used to use perl (I have been completely addicted to it for non-GUI stuff for
decades now) or "The Bat!" in the past for this, but I don't know if "The Bat"
still exists.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/blat/

[2]
https://www.howtogeek.com/120011/stupid-geek-tricks-how-to-send-email-from-the-command-line-in-windows-without-extra-software/