[Lazarus] Sending e-mail from within Lazarus

Thu May 10 19:56:29 CEST 2018

On 2018-05-10 14:31, Brian via Lazarus wrote:
> Does anybody have a working example of sending e-mail from a Lazarus
> program through their ISP's mail server (which requires SSL/TLS) that

I've been doing that for years, and have always used Indy components
since my Delphi 4 days. Indy also has a ton of working examples, very
simple to use components, and the support is fantastic (just like FPC
and Lazarus). The extra good news is that there are tons of examples and
solutions available with a quick internet search - even if those
solutions are for Delphi, they apply exactly the same for FPC/Lazarus.

The latest Indy code can be found here:

  https://svn.atozed.com:444/svn/Indy10/trunk

ps:
  You don't have to install the Indy components into Lazarus, you can
  use them via code only without problems. That's what I do. Simply set
  your search paths, or compile the runtime lazarus packages and
  associate the indy package as a dependency of your project.

A internet search _will_ give you your answer, but if you really are
stuck, I have working example code I can share. My programs can sent
emails via Gmail, Yahoo, Office365 or any other ISP.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/