[Lazarus] Sending e-mail from within Lazarus

Alonso Cárdenas Márquez acardenas at bsd-peru.org
Thu May 10 20:20:13 CEST 2018

> Does anybody have a working example of sending e-mail from a Lazarus
> program through their ISP's mail server (which requires SSL/TLS) that
> they'd be willing to share with me? I've been trying to follow
> Michael's writeup for using Synapse,  I'm getting a timeout error from
> deep within the Synapse code, and I don't know whether it's something
> that I've screwed up or some kind of incompatibility with the mail
> server - my ISP, of course, will only tell me to use Outlook or
> similar. :( If I try to step through with the debugger, I get a socket
> error of 110. The version of Synapse I'm using is (I think) 40.1, at
> least it's the version downloaded via the online package manager.
>
> I'm using Lazarus 1.8.2 and FPC 3.0.4 as downloaded from SourceForge.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --

Hi Brian

Try with the following:

https://github.com/silvioprog/brookframework/tree/master/plugins/xmailer

It is a great plugin for send email developed by Silvio. I use it to
sending emails from different hosts with SSL/TLS. It uses synapse (Look at
demo folder). Don't forget check if email ports are open for you by your
ISP. You just need smtp ports (25, 587) to sending emails.

Greetings
ACM