[Lazarus] errno 13 permission denied

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun May 13 10:34:46 CEST 2018

On Sat, 12 May 2018, Larry Dalton via Lazarus wrote:

> I need to correct my original statement: the column name is 'checking', not
> 'mycheck'
>
> On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 1:28 PM, Larry Dalton <larrydalton71 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> It am running lazarus 1.8.2 on linux 17.2, and trying to connect to mysql
>> 5.7.
>>  I have a database named 'boa', with 5 columns, the first named 'mycheck';
>>
>> I am using a TMySql57Connection, named boaconnection with the following
>> settings:
>> Databasename=boa;
>> HostName=localhost
>> KeepConnection=false
>> LoginPrompt=false
>> Transaction=boatransaction
>> UserName=root,
>>
>> A TSqlTransaction named boatransaction
>> Database named boaconnection
>>
>> A TDatasource with DataSet set to BoaQuery
>>
>> A TSqlQuery named boaquery with the following settings
>> Database=boaconnection
>> Transaction=boatransaction
>> SQL='Select * from Checking
>>
>> When I try to set boaquery.active to 'true' I get the following error code:
>> BoaConnection: Error executing query: Can't find file:
>> './boa/checking.frm' (errno: 13-Permission denied).
>>
>> When I leave boaquery.active set to 'false', and run the program, when I
>> try to open the table, I get:
>> Project MoneProject raised exception class 'ESQLDatabaseError' with
>> message:
>> BoaConnection:Error executing query: Can't read dir of './boa/'
>> (errno:13-Permission denied)
>>
>> How can I correct these errors?

These are errors in your MySQL server. They have nothing to do with FPC.
The file permissions on the server are wrong; the server process does not
have sufficient rights to read/write the database files.

Assuming the server is on Linux or BSD, you should find the MySQL
databases directory and execute as root
chown -R mysqld:mysqld boa
(mysqld must be replaced with the username that the mysql server  is running
as)

Michael.

Michael.