[Lazarus] Comparing strings case-insensitive and ignoring accents

Marcos Douglas B. Santos md at delfire.net
Sun May 20 20:19:38 CEST 2018

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 2:39 PM, Marc Weustink via Lazarus

> On May 20, 2018 4:06:42 AM GMT+02:00, "Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus" <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Is there any (fast) built-in function in RTL or LCL that compare two
> >strings using case-insensitive and ignoring accents?
> >
> >These strings are UTF-8.
>
> For comparing case insensitive strings you can use SameText(). Don't know if there is a function to strip accents.

Hey Marc.
I know about SameText that calls CompareText, but I need to combine
with other one that strip accents.
I can make it, but I prefer use built-in functions for do not have
issues about encode, etc.

Thanks, anyway.

Regards,
Marcos Douglas