[Lazarus] IDE multi-caret options wishes

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon May 21 20:59:10 CEST 2018

On 21/05/2018 11:07, AlexeyT via Lazarus wrote:
> In General tab of options we have 3 opts for multicarets.
>
> 1a) fix one of them- "multi caret" - "multi-caret" like others
>
> 1b) place all 3 under separator line (------------) below, name group
> like "Multi-caret". it is good to see all opts related to multi-crt.
>
> 1c) better name for "Multi caret move with cursor" is "Move
> multi-caret by arrow keys". coz CURSOR is mouse cursor. 2 options
> named with "with cursor".
>

> 2) IMHO better name for "Caret past end of line" is "Allow caret after
> end of line"

Ideally but on Mantis. Depends how soon I get to have a look at it

> 3) Where is option for "Allow to place multi-caret by Ctrl+Click"?

Mouse options. Choose the button, and modifier keys and select from the
dropdown.
(This is for setting individual extra carets. To set a continues line,
you can use the column selection via mouse)

There are also additional keymap entries in the keymap