[Lazarus] Location of executable

C Western l at c-m-w.me.uk
Wed May 30 23:41:31 CEST 2018

Has something changed recently in fpc or Lazarus, with respect to the
location of the executable produced? In my projects I have the target
file name set including a directory name (including
...$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS)-$(LCLWidgetType)...) and the same directory
set for unit output. Using trunk for fpc and Lazarus very recently the
output location has switched from the directory I was expecting to the
project directory. The units are in the right place, implying the -FU
flag is set correctly for fpc. Furthermore Lazarus after compiling the
program (in the unexpected place) then tells me the file (in the
expected place) can't be found for running.

Colin