[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.8.5 IDE behaviour difference Win-Linux

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 23:19:36 CET 2018

I don't kow if it is designed to be like this or else if there is a
specific condition in my setup....

FPC 3.0.4 checked out from svn and built, Lazarus 1.8.5 (fixes_1_8
branch checked out via svn and built using make bigide), Ubuntu 18.04
LTS x64 with Xfce desktop in VMWare Workstation 12PRO virtual machine.

When I start Lazarus the main window (on top) covers only about 75 %
of the screen width. If I click the maximize button nothing happens.
Only way I have found to make Lazarus cover the whole screen width is
to use the mouse and grab and pull the right hand edge to the screen
edge.

In Windows I have a Lazarus 1.8 x64 installed from a binary release.
In Windows7 when I click the maximize button the top window widens to
cover the whole screen width and the button changes to the restore
shape (two squares behind each other).

When I click this the main window goes back to the previous size as
expected.

Is this behaviour only available on Windows or do I have some kind of
problem in my Linux installation?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden