[Lazarus] Lazarus installation problem on Raspberry Pi (localized to Swedish)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 12:28:26 CET 2018

I have been asked to advice on a problem occurring when installing
FPC/Lazarus on a Raspberry Pi device using a script I have published
on-line. The script retrieves all sources via svn and also sets up the
development environment using apt-get.
It also downloads the seed fpc compiler ver 3.0.0 to use during the
process.

The user shows a part of the screen output when the failure happens
during make bigide inside the source dir:

(9009) Assembling main

/home/pi/dev/lazarus/1.6/ide/lazarus.pp(71,5) Hint: (5023) Unit
“FPCUnitTestRunner” not used in Lazarus

(9009) Assembling lazarus

/home/pi/dev/lazarus/1.6/ide/lazarus.pp(150,42) Error: (9008) Can’t
call the assembler, error -1 switching to external assembling

/home/pi/dev/lazarus/1.6/ide/lazarus.pp(150,42) Fatal: (10026) There
were 2 errors compiling module, stopping

Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
Makefile:4004: receptet för målet ”lazarus” misslyckades

Since this has worked for many users now I am wondering what could be
the cause?

One observation I did is that the messages include Swedish in the
output, so clearly this box is localized to Sweden, which I have never
tested.
Could such a localization affect some aspect of the installation from
sources?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden