[Lazarus] Scaling of menuitem icons

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 22:08:59 CEST 2018

Hi

When higher DPI setting is used on Windows, Lazarus IDE appears to obey nicely.
All icons are also scaled, together with texts.

On my Linux + KDE system however icons of the IDE's main menuitems do not scale.
In KDE settings panel -> Fonts I set the "Force font's DPI" value to
144 which is about 150%.
Then I start lazarus and everything is scaled including menu texts but
not the icons beside them. Icons everywhere else like in the IDE
Coolbar and component palette are scaled. Editor toolbar also has
scaled icons and the exact same icons show smaller in the main menu.
This happens with both GTK2 and QT bindings.
Could somebody please test with other desktop / window manager systems.
Who knows the High DPI code well enough to fix the issue?

I wanted to take a screenshot but the IDE's menus always close when
Spectacle (screeshot app) takes it. This is another bug somewhere.
Menus of well behaving KDE apps, for example Kate's, do not close.

Juha