[Lazarus] Cross-compile console program to Linux (Ubuntu)?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 09:00:04 CEST 2018

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 08:21:08 +0200, Bo Berglund via Lazarus

>When reading the wiki page
>http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Cross_compiling#From_Windows_to_Linux
>I understand that the IDE is ready to build for Linux out of the box
>provided it is the same CPU family on the target.
>So I changed the target from Default to Linux in
>ProjectOptions/CompilerOptions/ConfigAndTarget/TargetOS
>
>But when I try to build it does not work, instead I get the following
>error:
>
>Compile package FCL 1.0.1: Exit code 1, Errors: 1
>Fatal: Cannot find system used by fcllaz of package FCL.

Is the wiki page falsely claiming that all you have to do to compile
for Linux is to set the target to Linux? They say that the compiler is
ready for all targets using the same CPU...

I have looked in my installation directory of Lazarus 1.8.4 which was
installed from the binary installer. There is only a single system.ppu
there and it is in this dir:
C:\Programs\lazarus_1.8.4-32\fpc\3.0.4\units\i386-win32\rtl
Should there not be subdirectories for Linux too?
Or how are you supposed to get these?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden