[Lazarus] Installed lazarus-ide in Ubuntu18, cannot install package

Brian b_lists at patandbrian.org
Wed Oct 24 14:45:45 CEST 2018

On 10/24/2018 05:19 AM, Juha Manninen via Lazarus wrote:
> Building Lazarus from sources using "svn co" and "make" is so easy
> that I wonder why people refuse to do it.
> People want to try anything except for this most obvious and easiest
> way, including fpcupdeluxe which is an overkill for this simple task.

Well, here's an example for you of why people may refuse to use SVN.

I downloaded the sources via svn and built Lazarus, no problem in that
step.

Then I ran V2.0 and started installing some packages I use.

I got the following error on rebuilding Lazarus, line 1134 of
IBCustomDataSet, which is

"           Result := ValidUTF8String(TextToSingleLine(Result))"

The error message was "Identifier not found, ValidUTF8String".

Now what?

Brian.