[Lazarus] Installed lazarus-ide in Ubuntu18, cannot install package

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 19:51:53 CEST 2018

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 18:58:44 +0300, Juha Manninen via Lazarus

>On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 4:22 PM Bo Berglund via Lazarus
><lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>> >Why old Lazarus 1.8.4? Why don't you use the new 2.0 branch?
>> Because it was the latest release tag I found...
>
>You found the release tag in fixes_1_8 branch?
>Ok, 2.0 has not been released yet but it will be soon(?). I dare to
>say it is better now than 1.8.
>Thus I recommend fixes_2_0 branch. You will get bug fixes there for years.

I have always been using the tags list:
https://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/tags/
and here are only immutable snapsots where I select the latest not set
as RCx.
Is that a bad practice?

Do you mean that say fixes_1_8 contains these tags:
lazarus_1_8_0
lazarus_1_8_2
lazarus_1_8_4
and the top of the fixes_1_8 branch has the very latest released
fixes?

If I already now have 1_8_4 as a tag and would like to switch it over
to the fixes branch, how is that done?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden