[Lazarus] Installed lazarus-ide in Ubuntu18, cannot install package

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 19:57:23 CEST 2018

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 13:05:05 +0200, Bo Berglund via Lazarus

>"The file 'dl-error-skeleton.c' was not found.
>Do you want to locate it yourself?"
>
>So maybe a file needed by the Indy10 Pop3 component is not part of the
>package????

Now I have nailed the problem with the dl-error-skeleton.c file!

It turns out that this happens if I step through the code using
Lazarus' debugging.
When I reach the line:

  IdGetMail.Connect;

and try to step over it I get the message and exception.

But if I just let the program run without breakpoints in the function
that collects the email, then there are no exceptions. The code just
runs through!

So apparently there is some bad interaction by Lazarus with the GNU
debugger in play here....

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden