[Lazarus] Built console app on Linux, but won't run on another Linux machine

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 13:03:32 CEST 2018

On Sat, 27 Oct 2018 12:43:02 +0200, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus

>Either install libgtk2.0-0 or remove the dependency.
I don't know how to "remove dependency"
When I work in Ubuntu 18.04 I am using the Xfce desktop, but the
programI am building has no GUI components whatsoever, so why should
there be any dependency towards X11?

>> The dev machine has a GUI interface (otherwise Lazarus would not work)
>> but the program itself is purely non-gui, it is just a Pascal program
>> and it does not even send output to the console, just handles files
>> and networking. Still the name libgdk-x11-2.0 suggests that it has
>> something to do with X...
>
>Maybe your project uses the LCL either directly or indirectly. See
>Project Inspector.
>If yes, remove it or set it to lclwidgettype "nogui".

I had LCL there as Required package, but I removed it.
When I build the project the resulting binary is exactly the same
size, so there could not be anythingadded or deleted to the program...

The only external I can think of is needed is OpenSSH since my Indy10
external mail connection uses encrypted communication. But tah would
not be related to X11, right?
And I have not used any directive for it (other than what mau be
hidden inside Indy10).

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden