[Lazarus] Built console app on Linux, but won't run on another Linux machine

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 15:35:05 CEST 2018

On Sat, 27 Oct 2018 14:31:31 +0200, Bo Berglund via Lazarus

>Or should I start over and create a new console program in Lazarus and
>then bring in the units I have used for certain functions and also
>change the main dpr file into a normal unit?

I did this and created a new "Program", which was labeled in Lazarus
as a Free Pascal command line program.

Then I added my units from the other project and converted the dpr
file into a pas unit by moving away the final begin-code-end proram
section to the newly created program's source file.
Had to fix sections etc in the old dpr file so it now is a proper
unit.
But once done it built OK and worked as expected in Ubuntu 18.04.
The stripped size of this program as about 10 Mb whereas the earlier
version was only some 7 Mb...

But when I copied it over into the Ubuntu 16.04 server it again
displayed the GTK error...

(LicMgr:19450): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

It should not need a display!

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden