[Lazarus] Built console app on Linux, but won't run on another Linux machine

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 17:00:56 CEST 2018

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 4:35 PM Bo Berglund via Lazarus
> Had to fix sections etc in the old dpr file so it now is a proper unit.

You have a .lpr file in the Lazarus project, right? Not .dpr?

> But once done it built OK and worked as expected in Ubuntu 18.04.
> The stripped size of this program as about 10 Mb whereas the earlier
> version was only some 7 Mb...

With LCL it was 7 Mb and without LCL 10 Mb. Strange.

> (LicMgr:19450): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

There is no unit called LicMgr in FPC or Lazarus sources. Is it part
of your project?

BTW, the Delphi converter is buggy if it adds LCL dependency for a
console program. It should not.
If you send me a test program then I can have a look.

Juha