[Lazarus] Built console app on Linux, but won't run on another Linux machine

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 18:20:14 CEST 2018

On Sat, 27 Oct 2018 16:06:07 +0200, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus

>On Sat, 27 Oct 2018 15:35:05 +0200
>Bo Berglund via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>>[...]
>> (LicMgr:19450): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
>>
>> It should not need a display!
>
>Then remove the gtk dependency.
>Check  Compiler options / Show Options / Inherited Parameters if you
>are using the LCL.

Well, I took LCL out of the project and it still has these problems.
Right now the Project Inspector only shows a single Required Package
and this is "indylaz"

>If yes then use the Project Inspector, double click on the required
>packages to see their dependencies. Or use Package / Package graph to
>see the dependencies.

This amazingly shows:
  LCL
  IDEIntf
  FCL (>=1.0)
But I think these are for the Lazarus IDE integration of the visual
components and I am not using any forms or such so there is no use for
this.
Now I am at a loss as to how I can use Indy without bringing in
IndyLaz, just the required files. On Windows it is simple, I just set
the search path in Delpi to the location of the three Indy10 source
directories and I am done. Not so simple in Lazarus until I saw I
could install indylaz. Has worked fine for GUI applications so far....

>If no, then some unit uses the gtk2 directly. Use "View / Unit
>Dependencies" to find out which one.

Don't know how...

--
Bo Berglund