[Lazarus] Built console app on Linux, but won't run on another Linux machine

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 17:22:50 CET 2018

On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 11:41:51 +0100 (CET), Michael Van Canneyt via
Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>On Sun, 28 Oct 2018, Bo Berglund via Lazarus wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 00:49:50 +0200, Sven Barth via Lazarus
>> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>>
>>> That something is pulling in unit Interfaces is proof that something tries
>>> to use GUI units. So either find out what unit that is (it could either be
>>> one of yours or maybe an Indy one) or try to set the LCLWidgetType to NoGUI.
>>>

>> SVEN, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
>> -----------------------------
>> This was a project option I did not know about before and then not how
>> to set it.
>
>To be fair:
>
>Mattias suggested this already earlier in the thread than Sven. It was one
>of the first replies.

You are right! But at the time I was trailing in another direction and
I also did not know how to acctually effect it....
Thanks to Mattias also, of course!

I have been using Lazarus/FPC for a few years on RaspberryPi units and
there I have also programmed utilities that run as command line
programs and I had no problem with these. So I was stunned by this
happening and really suspected something else entirely....
Of course these utilities were used on the RPi itself. But I was
always connecting to the RPi using TightVNC or later RealVNC.
I have never really had a monitor attached to any of my RPi units.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden