[Lazarus] derived forms and frames

Dennis dec12 at avidsoft.com.hk
Sat Sep 22 09:17:02 CEST 2018

Franz Müller via Lazarus wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I have been developing programs in Delphi for many years (and even
> before in turbo Pascal).
> I would like to switch all my programming from Delphi to Lazarus /
> Free Pascal.
>
> Now I have encountered a serious issue that I don't know how to deal
> with.
> I have built a complex framework that I use in my programs. This
> frameworks includes form templates and frame templates from which I
> derive most of the forms of a project. In order to be able to derive a
> new form from a form tempate easily with the means of the lazarus IDE,
> the form template must be part of the project - I don't see another
> way to have a form shown in the menu "file - new".

I might not understand your question correctly. Please ignore me if I am
mistaken.

When I have customized Frame in the project, next time, I click File-New
, under the "inherited item", there are a list of 'inherited project
components' (those marked in yellow in this picture).

Are those what you need?

Dennis