[Lazarus] IDE Spotter

Ralf Quint freedos.la at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 08:30:07 CEST 2018

On 9/23/2018 10:39 PM, Sven Barth via Lazarus wrote:
> Am 24.09.2018 um 02:42 schrieb Ralf Quint via Lazarus:
>> On 9/23/2018 11:38 AM, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus wrote:
>>> I thought that I was the last one not using a docked IDE :)
>> Docked IDE (unless the term is used differently from how I understand
>> it) doesn't make much sense if you have a multi-screen setup, IMHO...
> It does if the second screen is not mainly for development. E.g. I
> myself use both Lazarus and Visual Studio on my primary monitor while
> I have the browser open on the other. And sometimes if I need to look
> at two documents at once I can open a new editor window in both IDEs
> and move it to the second screen to better compare them or whatever I
> need to do. :)
Well, I just like to move the separate windows across the screens, basic
IDE with project info on the default screen, usually the
debugging.messaging stuff on it as well, and the editor windows on the
second one. For a time, I even had a 3 screen setup, with the
application output (or research browser, depending on the development
stage) on the third screen...

Ralf

---