[Lazarus] IDE Spotter- issues

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Sep 25 14:13:51 CEST 2018

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018, Howard Page-Clark via Lazarus wrote:

>>> TListbox.ClientWidth gives width considering scrollbar.
>>
>> I committed a new version with some visual improvements and bugfixes:
>>
>> * Actually load saved options on startup :)
>> * Button to go to settings
>> * Margins around controls
>> * Better Left and right margin inside listbox
>> * Use different default colors (maroon, navy)
>> * Handle keydown instead of key up, so repeat is enabled...
>>
>> Michael.
>
> A further issue: Spotter appears not to know about menu items added by
> some packages.
>
> For instance, LazProfiler adds three new menu items to the IDE, but
> Spotter does not list them.

I don't know how lazprofiler installs itself, so I can't comment.

But in general, I suppose that is possible.  It only lists available commands.
If a package installs a menu item without a command, then it will not be visible in the spotter...

See it as an incentive for package maintainers to install commands instead
of simply menu items : I can imagine that installing commands also makes
them available for e.g. the editor toolbar.

But I suppose some lazarus dev needs to comment on the exact inner workings.

Michael.